Wednesday, August 24, 2011

FLAMINGOS!!!!!

I think I had seen a few flamingos in a zoo in the US. But nothing is like seeing them in the wild. wow.
There are thousands of bright pink flamingos here- feeding and flying all over. The first time I saw a flock fly over I was with some friends and I ran out on the beach with my camera. They fly in a loose V formation sort of like Canadian Geese. Their legs are sooooo long they trail along behind them.
flying flamingo flock


a group close to us, check out all the ones in the background!


We drove out to the town of Telchac, not far from Progreso up the beach road to see the best group of them around here. I think that we saw over a thousand in one day!
There is a Flamingo LookOut Tower in the town of Uymitun. We stopped there and went up to the top of the three story tower. You can see Flamingos everywhere. wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment