Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Flowers and Mayan Honey

Cactus Flower
 There are Cactus here that are VERY tall- some over 20 feet! They have the most interesting flowers that come out on the sides of it. They only bloom one day and the blooms come out at night, I guess to attract the night flying pollinators, and the flowers only last one day. I think they are beautiful.
interesting red flowers

 I bought a bush of these interesting flowers. I still can't remember the name of them. I will have to look it up. They grow into bushes and are full of red flowers. I have seen them all over Merida.

Jasmine
  I bought two Jasmine plants from the plant guy in Chelem. He always has interesting plants (and they are pretty cheap). I got one climbing Jasmine and one bush Jasmine. They smell fabulous. Too bad we don't have scratch and smell pics! lol

Bee loaded with pollen
 I had to put this bee picture in here. I think this pic my friend took is fabulous. Check out the pollen on his legs!! We have the best Mayan honey around too because of this little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment