Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Whale Sharks

My friends visited Isla Holbox and snorkeled with the Whale Sharks. These are the pics they sent me. Isla Holbox is on the Yucatan Peninsula east of where we live. The Whale Sharks migrate there every year from June to September and tours are everywhere. You can also get a tour to see them from Isla Mujeres, which is closer to Cancun.
I am not sure I am brave enough to swim next to these giants of the sea. My friends said that they were swimming beside one and another came very close to them, they thought they might be a little too close, but all was well. (the rules say you are not to touch them, or get too close- but the Whale Sharks don't know this)
They are very docile creatures, even though they are the biggest sharks. They don't have teeth though! :)







Room at Las Tortugas Isla Holbox
I also posted a pic of their patio from their room at the hotel they stayed in, looks pretty nice to me. I think we might have to have to go a swimming with the Whale Sharks!

No comments:

Post a Comment